While I was in my Supernatural phase, I had the idea that I could make up different characters from the show.  I found a pattern I liked for a basic doll, and began choosing colors and making minor modifications.

Dean was the easiest of the three.  The hardest about him was selecting the correct shades of brown.  I decided I’d make him using the default pattern with no modifications.  He was also the easiest to add little details to, like his bracelet or his necklace.  One person I showed him to was shocked at how a slightly off-center smile could capture so much of the personality.

 

 

 

Sam was a little more difficult and required more math.  I had a pattern for a pull over hooded shirt that I had to modify to into a hooded jacket.  I didn’t think to take pictures of them together, but Sam is about an inch taller than Dean, which meant I added height in his legs and torso.  I had to adapt the arms as well to keep everything in proportion.  It is only one or two rows in each section, but they do make a difference.

 

 

 

 

 

Then there was Castiel, the most difficult of the three.  The I modified the jacket I used for Dean into the long trench coat, in addition to the suit coat he is wearing.  I embroidered on a tie after several attempts at different patterns.  The biggest issue was his wings.  I purchased a pattern called Sweetie’s Nemesis – The Bat.  The wings came out the proper size without being felted.  I wired them using 20 gauge wire so they wouldn’t be floppy.

I’ve made several sets of these as well as individual dolls.  All have ended up being given away as gifts.  Of course I haven’t kept any for myself, or found the time to make another set just for me.  That is the danger of being a knitter.

 

 

 

 

This week’s Puff update –

Weekly Apiary Puffs Completed: 5

Total Apiary Puffs Completed: 47

Total Leftover Skeins Busted: 10