This is the first costume I made most of the parts without a pattern. I’m proud of it for that reason. At the same time, I can see all the flaws. If I were making it again, I would be do it very differently. Eyelash yarn was the obvious choice for it. The problem is that it’s easy to drop stitches. Fortunately, the fuzzy nature of the yarn hides those problems.
The tail was the only piece that I would make the same way. I consulted a few websites on costume-making before I made it. I’m happy with the shape, and have ideas for how to make it with a differently colored tip. Click on the image if you want to see each part separately.
This week’s Puff update –
Weekly Apiary Puffs Completed: 5
Total Apiary Puffs Completed: 59
Total Leftover Skeins Busted: 1