So you may have noticed some changes around here. It’s more than a new WordPress theme.
I’d been having problems with my website for the last two weeks. PHP errors, 500 errors, and 404 errors plagued me. I had been diligently following the web host’s instructions to fix it. Nothing seemed to work, except for the one they claimed would fix all my problem. Upgrade to a virtual private server for more money.
I pointed out, repeatedly, that my traffic levels were low, I hadn’t added any plugins or new content other than text posts. My site had been stable for over three years. They stood firm. I needed to upgrade to a virtual private server if I wanted my problems to go away.
I found a different solution. I’ve switched to a new host.
So far the switch is going okay. I was able to import the text from my blog entries without a problem. I’m still working on the pictures. This gives me the excuse needed to redesign my costume gallery. I’m sure there are a few pesky broken links I will need to root out. I hope to resume regular posts next week.