If you’ve read my blog around the New Year before, you know that I don’t make resolutions. I make goals. Some years I do well by them. 2019 was not one of those years. I don’t think I hit a single one, due to overambition and time management failure. So with those in mind, here’s what I’m setting as goals for 2020. In no particular order, they are
- Publish Chaos Hunt in second half of 2020 – I’m suffering from sequel-itis as I’m writing. I think I finally got a handle on it. Plus I keep reminding myself that Chaos Wolf took five years to write. I’ve only been working on Chaos Hunt for two, so I’m ahead of the game.
- Write up a personal wiki for the Jordan Abbey Series – I thought I could keep it in my head. I was wrong.
- Outline Chaos Kin – I have to do this once I’ve finished Chaos Hunt. While I have a general idea of where the book will go, I know I need to play with some new elements.
- Rework Lucy Harker, Vampire Hunter – While the outline is solid, the manuscript is a hot mess. I need to make a decision about which way I’m taking it and start over.
- Watch Writing Classes – I have several classes that I have purchased over the last two years I need to watch.
- Posting on my blog regularly – I fell out of my pattern in 2019, and I want to try to re-establish a pattern this year. I’m not sure if it’s going to be weekly or if I’m going to modify it.
- Make a dent in my media-to-consume list – I’m working the equivalent of three jobs – day job that pays the bills, caretaker for my family, and writer. That doesn’t leave much spare time. While I can listen to ebooks at the day job, I’ve fallen way behind in watching video based media. Part of why I fell behind is that I burned out and needed to refill the creative well. I’m going to schedule in time to keep it from happening again.
It still feels like a lot. I know that I won’t accomplish it all. But I’m going to do the most that I can.