Continuing my theme of creating things from a fandom I’m not officially part of, I present a knit Dalek I made for a friend.  The pattern is cleverly named Extermaknit.

I remember being intimidated when I first made this.  There were several skills involved in making it that I tried for the first time.  It was the first time I carried along a two colors of yarn while knitting in the round.  It was the first time I picked up stitches.  And it was the first time I created bobbles.  I was absolutely sure I would mess it up and it would be unrecognizable.  I was not reassured when mom said it looked like I was making a hat.

I worried for nothing.  It came out wonderfully.  And it was the last thing my friend expected to unwrap on her birthday.  I was pretty proud with how it came out, and have plans to make a few more.

Right now I’m trying to figure out color combinations that would be the best.  Obviously I’ve done the black on gray, and I’m thinking of reversing it for gray on black.  Maybe a red and gold or a red and black.  Or a red and gray.

And now, this week’s Apiary Quilt update –

Weekly Apiary Puffs Completed: 8

Total Apiary Puffs Completed: 31

Total Leftover Skeins Busted: 5


2 Replies to “Extermiknit!

Comments are closed.