I’m back. I survived the month.
Mom’s cataract surgery went well. We are waiting for the eye to adjust to the new lens before her surgery for the second eye. Christmas went as well as it could with cancellations due to sick family members. It was as stressful as I thought it would be, but it could have been a lot worse.
Now that things have calmed down some, I thought I’d review my 2015 goals.
- Write more consistently every day
- I achieved this in a way. My target was a daily average of 500 words. I averaged 534 words a day even though I didn’t write every day.
- Read more books for pleasure
- I read twenty-five books this year. I’m probably closer to 27 if I add in all the short fiction I’ve been consuming.
- Finish a final draft of the first novel, Chaos Wolf
- Done! All major plot elements are in place and a polish has been performed.
- Submit the final draft of Chaos Wolf
- I’m waiting for some feedback and reading up on how to write a query letter.
- Rewrite the first draft of the werewolf’s series second novel.
- I got half way through the tentatively titled Chaos Hunt during NaNoWriMo and figured out what the major plot problem was. I’ve put it aside and will pick it up again after I send out Chaos Wolf’s queries.
- Rewrite fanfic short story
- Haven’t touched it. I need to reread it and figure out what I want to do with it.
- Submit fanfic rewrite
- See above.
- Gear up my social media presences
- I hooked up my Twitter to my Facebook. At least it looks like I’m doing more. 😉
- Find a writing group either online or in realspace to join.
- Haven’t done this. I’ve been more focused on trying to write than finding a group to write with.
This isn’t to say I haven’t done a lot. I’ve finished three short stories, two of which I’m actively looking for homes for. The third is in a weird situation I can’t talk about at the moment. A fourth short story is going to be expanded into something at least novella length, and I have a fifth in the earliest stages.
All told, I’ve done well for the year. I’m not where I planned to be, but then who is exactly where they thought to be?