She yells ducking behind a pile of sandbags.
Yes, it has been way too long since I updated this website. It may have been due to being an essential worker during the pandemic, all the family medical issues, or just plain depression, but I wasn’t able to get much done. And I don’t know if it was the psychological snap of it being a new year, but the last few days I haven’t felt like I’m swimming through a tar pit. I’m not under any illusions that things will get better automatically, but I feel like I’m finally making some forward momentum.
So since last year’s goals were shot to hell, I’m calling last year a lost year and adding some new goals.
- Publish Chaos Hunt – a good edit and a rewrite and I’ll be able to announce a release date.
- Start Chaos Kin – once I have Chaos Hunt nailed down, I can get this outlined and started.
- Lucy Harker, Vampire Hunter – decide if I put it on the shelf or start a rewrite.
- Untitled Selkie Story – something that I attempted and shelved indefinitely. It might be time to take it off the shelf.
- Short Stories – I have a few ideas that I want to get out into the world. I want to complete three.
- Writing Classes – they’re like potato chips. You can’t buy just one. But I need to start watching them.
- Post Regularly – hopefully this is a good start. Friday Links may or may not make a comeback.
It feels like a lot, but I’m going to give it my best shot. Here’s to 2021 and may it not suck as much as 2020.