My media consumption was a bit off for 2021. I decided I would share what has stuck in my mind.
I consume podcasts as if they were my lifeblood. If someone points me in the direction of one and I have a vague interest in it, I will give an episode (or three) a listen. These are the ones I am recommending.
- The Magnus Archives
- Parkdale Haunt
- If I Go Missing, The Witches Did It
- How Did This Get Made?
- The Los Feliz Murder Mansion
- Darkness On The Edge of Town
- Darkness Radio Presents: True Crime Tuesday
- Aaron Mahnke’s Cabinet of Curiosities
- I Should Be Writing
- Escape Pod
- Cast of Wonders
- The Secret of St. Kilda (Yes, the first episode officially dropped on December 28th, but it still counts!)
I didn’t read as many books as I wanted to last year. That’s on my list of things to fix this year.
- All Systems Red
- A Matter of Scale
- A Deadly Education
- Black Sun
- Savage Bounty
- From A Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
Between working, watching the Niecelette, and writing, I haven’t watched much TV. It also is a big part of why movies are not on this list. But here is what I have managed to see.
- Ted Lasso
- The Mandalorian
- Bluey (This is thanks to the Niecelette. We’re currently working our way through Paw Patrol and its seemingly infinite variations.)
- Forged in Fire